Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Looking for a Roommate?

Post a comment to describe your ideal roommate and enter the dates you'd like to share a room.

82 comments:

  1. I am looking for a roommate for October 11-15. Non-smoker. I am from Argentina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maricel, it's still very early, but I am looking for a roommate too :) Could we be a fit? Please feel free to contact me at translations@danielagatto.com. I'm Italian :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Maricel, I'm also from Argentina and live in Florida, non-smoker, and looking for roomate/s. Feel free to reach out to me at karinabrandtt@gmail.com

      Delete
    3. Hi Maricel,
      I'm also from Argentina and if you haven't find anybody yet please send me an e-mail to lwintserv@gmail.com
      I am a non smoker and live in LA
      Thank you







      Delete
    4. Hi,

      Are you still looking for a roommate? If so, let me know if you would like to share a room with me.

      My name is Gloria Hughes. I am from Mexico, but live and work as a staff Court Interpreter in Kern County (California). I have registered for the ATA conference, and I will take the SP>EN certification test on Wednesday afternoon. I would like to share the room for 4 nights (from 10/11 to 10/15).

      My husband tells me that I snore, but not all the time. I will bring earplugs, just in case. :)

      You can contact me at gloria@gb-translations.com

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I am looking for a roommate for October 12-16. If interested, please reply privately to thechilola@yahoo.com. I am from Angola, but live in New York

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am a Portuguese-English Translator/Interpreter and am in contact with a never-met Mongolian colleague to share a room from Oct. 12-16. We could have one more person in the room to further defray costs and network!

      Delete
  3. I would like to find a female roommate for Oct 14-17. Non-smoker but I will have some drinks in the room. I live in Arizona and will have my car. I will celebrate my birthday on the 16th. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking for a female roommate for Oct. 12-15. Contact me at csitzman@sitzmanaetranslations.com. I am a German-English translator, but I love other languages too. Currently learning French. I like to go to bed early, i.e. between 8 pm and 12 am, and wake up early, i.e. between 6 am and 8 am and want to find a roommate who is considerate of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carlie, I sent you an email :)

      Delete
  5. I have reserved a double room for 3 nights, Wed, Oct 12th thru Saturday, Oct 15th and would like to find a roommate to split the room with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, I'm interested but I wanted to double check -- is the room reserved for the night of Saturday, October 15 so that I could sleep there Saturday night and check out of the hotel Sunday morning? Feel free to contact me back at hbearden@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. Hi Jennifer, if things don't work out with this person above, I might also be interested and would be happy to have a whatsapp call. You can reach me at hello@laurie-bennett.ca

      Delete
    3. Hi Jennifer, I’m a Portuguese-English translator and I’m interested. My email is beatriz.tradutora@gmail.com

      Delete
  6. I am looking for a male roommate. Please get in touch at gan@mongoltranslator.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking for a roommate for October 11-15. Non-smoker. If interested, please reply privately to cseptaviana@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking for a non-smoker male roommate for October 12-16. I belong to the Portuguese, French, and Italian divisions. Thus, it would be nice to find someone who spoke those languages, but it is not a requirement. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have found your roommate! Contact me at gan@mongoltranslator.com

      Delete
  9. Let's save some $$!! Seeking non-smoker, female roommates for Oct 12-Oct 15 (4 nights) check out morning of Oct 16. Depending on number of interested responses, we could book one room, Traditional Double Double (up to 4 guests). Must be respectful and considerate of other roommates. Total costs would be split evenly based on # of people. Please reply privately to Lnfg123@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I am a Portuguese Translator/Interpreter, my usual roomates for the ATA conference are not attending this year. Would like to share with 1 or more colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to give my email - robert@finnegan.com.br

      Delete
    2. Hi Robert. I have sent you an email.

      Delete
  11. Hi, I'm looking for a female, non-smoker roommate, or two. I should arrive by the 10th of October, and I'm planning to stay until the 16th. Those dates are flexible, though. If interested, please contact me on: n.o.elmor90@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found roommates. Thanks a lot, and see you all at the conference! :)

      Delete
  12. Hello ATA-community :) I am looking for a female roommate for October 13, 14, and 15. If you're interested, please, let me know at olyagrayv@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Are you referring to 4 nights (checking in on Wed, Oct 12 and checking out on Sun, Oct 16)? If so, I have a double bedroom reserved at Bonaventure. Let me know: rika.mitrik@comcast.net

      Delete
  14. I have a double bedroom reserved at Bonaventure for 4 nights 10/12-16 (checking out on Sunday). Looking for a female non-smoker roommate. If interested, please contact me at: rika.mitrik@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a double bedroom reserved at Bonaventure for 4 nights, October 12-15, with checkout the morning of Sunday, October 16. Looking for a female non-smoker roommate. I value a good, quiet night's sleep, so I am looking for someone respectful of that. Fun fact, I am a member of the German and Slavic Language Divisions. If interested in sharing a room, please contact me at hbearden@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm looking for a male roommate, October 11-16. If interested, e-mail me at h.starbuck.h@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a double room reserved for Oct 12 until Oct 15. Looking for a female roommate for these nights. bikarsch@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found someone. See you all in LA.

      Delete
  18. Looking for 2 or 3 female non-smoking roommates for the duration of the conference. I may check in the night of the 11th. My attendance at the conference is contingent on being able to save $$ on lodging, so I have not yet registered. Full disclosure: I snore (but I'll provide ear plugs!) Only posting as Anonymous since I don't know how to access my Google url :) my name is Gloria. If interested in sharing, please email me SOON at info@cardonatranslations.com.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello, I'm looking for a female roommate (check in Wedn. 12th - check out Su. 16th). I booked a double room at the Conference Hotel (Westin Bonaventure). Feel free to email me at leyre@letsword.us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all! I have found a roommate.

      Delete
  20. Hello. I have a double room reserved for Wed. Oct. 12th until Sun Oct. 16th at Westin Bonaventure and am looking for a female roommate for these 4 nights. If interested, please email me at kazumiohira2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found a roommate. Thank you. kazumiohira2010@gmail.com

      Delete
  21. Hi! I am Still looking for a non-smoker male roommate for Wednesday Oct 12 through Sunday Oct 16. if interested, email me at nicotranslations@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all. I have found a roommate. See you at the conference.

      Delete
  22. Hi all! I haven't booked anything yet, but plan to stay Tue 11th through Sun 16th, either at the conference hotel or a nearby Airbnb. I am looking for a male roommate, preferably non-smoker. Please reach out at sp4033@nyu.edu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seth, how ya doin'? I am also looking for one or more roommate(s)! robert@finnegan.com.br

      Delete
    2. If you’re still looking for that roommate, I’m interested. I live in San Diego and would be driving up there.

      Please let me know as soon as you can.

      Delete
  23. Hello gals,
    I am looking for a female non smoker female to share the room during the event. Probably from Oct. 11 and checking out Sunday 16. I am from Argentina and live in Los Angeles.
    Please feel free to send me an e-mail to lwintserv@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello, I have booked a room and plan to stay Tue 11th through Sun 16th, at the conference hotel. I am looking for a male roommate, preferably non-smoker. Please contact me at han4yu3@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, if you still have need of a roommate, I'm a German to English translator, non-smoker. You can contact me at jnadeau@nadeautranslations.com

      Delete
  25. Hello, I have booked a room from Wed Oct 12 to Sun Oct 16 with a colleague. We are looking for a third female roommate. If interested, please email monique@longtontranslation.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you everyone. We have found a roommate.

      Delete
  26. Hi, I am looking for a roomate at the Conference. Please send me an email to: vasquezsilvia@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am also looking for a female roommate Tuesday through Saturday (possibly until Sunday). Please send email to susohrvik@yahoo.se.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, don't forget to call me, Silvia

      Delete
    2. I will unfortunately not be able to attend this year so please ignore this post.

      Delete
  28. Hi, I am still looking for a female roommate to attend the Conference. Check in on Wed 12 and Check out on Sun 16th. (4 nights). Please send me an email to: vasquezsilvia@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Are you still looking for a roommate? If so, let me know if you would like to share a room with me.

    My name is Gloria Hughes. I am from Mexico, but live and work as a staff Court Interpreter in Kern County (California). I have registered for the ATA conference, and I will be taking the SP>EN certification test on Wednesday afternoon. I would like to share the room for 4 nights (from 10/11 to 10/15).

    My husband tells me that I snore, but not all the time. I will bring earplugs, just in case. :)

    You can contact me at: gloria@gb-translations.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you everybody, I found a roommate. Silvia

      Delete
    2. Hi,
      I already have a reservation for a double room from 10/11 to 10/15 in case someone wants to share the room with me.
      I don't smoke and would rather not stay up much later than midnight.

      You can contact me at: gloria@gb-translations.com

      Delete
    3. Hi,
      I found a roommate, thank you.
      See in LA!

      gloria@gb-translations.com

      Delete
  30. Looking for non-smoking female roommate Check in on 12th, Check out on 15th (Saturday).

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Ladies of ATA, planning on getting a traditional guest room for two, and interested in splitting the cost. Checking in after 3pm Wednesday the 12th, and checking out by 12 noon, Saturday the 15th. Preferably nonsmoking please, and can be reached via: Katherine.Jimenez@KJInterpreting.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arrangements made. Thank you.

      Delete
  32. Hello,
    I am looking to share a room with a female. Arriving Wednesday the 12th late afternoon and leaving Sunday the 16th. I am very easy going and keep to myself. I am an Arabic interpreter-translator and live in the USA. Please let me know if you have a room and still looking for a roommate.
    Helsaad@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have a room now. I would like to have a roommate if possible please.
    Arriving Wednesday the 12th late afternoon and leaving Sunday the 16th. I am very easy going and keep to myself. I am an Arabic interpreter-translator and live in the USA. Please let me know if anyone is still looking for a roommate.
    Helsaad@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I'm interested in sharing that room with you if still available. I'll shoot you an email right now.

      Delete
  34. Hello! I am a Korean-English interpreter and translator based in Norway looking for a neat, quiet, and responsible female roommate.

    Check-in is on Tue, Oct 11 and check-out on Sun, Oct 16. We will split the total cost (room fare + taxes and fees) in half. If you choose to stay for only part of the five nights, you will only pay for your duration of stay.

    Please email me at grace@gracekimmaci.com if interested. First-come first-served with priority given to those willing stay for all five nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. + I booked a Traditional Double room, with two beds.

      Delete
  35. Hello, all! I registered late and the hotel is sold out. Looking for a room from 10/11 to 10/15. I am a DC-based Indonesian linguist, female, clean, non-smoker. I am looking for another female roommate. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you found a room and/or a roommate? I'm looking for a female roommate and a room. Arriving 10/12 and leaving 10/14 (possibly 10/15). Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Hello, I just sent you a message about needing a roommate and a room. But then I checked the conference hotel and find that I reserved a room a while back. So, I have a room from 10/12 with checkout on 10/15. So if you don't have a room or roommate, maybe we can work this out together. Sorry I sound so disorganized, I just returned a day ago from 3 months travel in Europe, am still jet-lagged.

      Delete
  36. Hello, I'm looking for a female roommate for Oct 12 and 13, possibly 14 also. Do not have hotel reservation yet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I do have a hotel registration, for Oct 12 - 15, looking for female roommate. I'm non-smoker, considerate, open-minded geologic consultant and presenter.

      Delete
  37. Hello,

    I am looking for a non smoking roommate for 10/12 through 10/16. I have not made any booking yet. I am a Portuguese speaking interpreter from NY.

    thechilola@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I am looking for a roommate 10/12 through 10/15. I have a room at the conference hotel. Actually I am think I have the room through 10/16 but am thinking of leaving on 10/15. I am a non-smoker. I'll also send you an email message.

      Delete
    2. Hello,

      Did you find anyone for 10/16?

      thechilola@yahoo.com

      Delete
  38. Hola! I have a reservation for a double queen for the dates 10/11 -10/16. I am a Latina female, non-smoker, quiet person. In search of a female, non-smoker as well.

    email me at medicenlaguera@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello. I need a room sharing for 10/16/200
    email me at thechilola@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sorry, the room for for 10/16/2022

    ReplyDelete